Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Intensive
Join OSU-Cascades business instructor and community social equity advocate Erika McCalpine for a three-day, deep dive into DEI topics that can help you shape a fairer and more equitable workplace environment.
The DEI Intensive is open to business and nonprofit leaders and managers, and community members seeking a greater understanding of social equality. Each day will examine a critical topic area:
Day 1: UNCONCIOUS BIAS
- Identify the dimensions of diversity that matter most in organizations and why.
- Learn to recognize unconscious bias and how it impacts how coworkers perceive, evaluate and react to others.
- Explore how to identify interventions that can help override judgement and decision-making errors due to biases.
Day 2: FOSTERING AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT
- Examine how inclusion is dependent on how a team interacts and performs, and how a team's relationships create or deny an inclusive environment.
- Explore ways to foster an inclusive workplace climate, through social connections, openness to learning and decision-making.
- Understand how leaders can foster greater inclusion in a workplace.
- Learn the behaviors and skills leaders need to be successful in creating an inclusive climate.
Day 3: ADVANCING DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Examine the difference between diversity and inclusion.
- Assess stereotypes and prejudices that can influence behavior within a work group.
- Look at the main influences of inclusion within a workplace: organizational, work group and immediate supervisor.
Monday, August 17 at 9:00am