Tenure & Time Management: How to Manage Your Time So You Can Publish Prolifically AND Have a Life beyond the Ivory Tower
Presented by the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity, hosted by Oregon State University.
- Are you working long hours but making little progress on your research agenda?
- Feeling a sense of loneliness stemming from minimal mentoring and community?
- Feeling unprepared for your new faculty position?
- Feeling unsupported in your desire for work-family balance and without the skills to achieve it?
- Wondering whether the academic path is the right career choice?
Join us for the Tenure & Time Management virtual campus workshop to gain concrete skills to successfully transition from graduate student to professor. Specifically, learn about:
- The common time challenges academics face
- How to avoid the most common mistakes new faculty make in managing their time
- Why and how to align work time with institutional and personal priorities
- How to create time for academic writing and research
- How to organize a network of support and accountability for writing productivity and balance
OSU has an institutional membership with NCFDD and, through this institutional membership, graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, and faculty have access to resources, such as professional development, training, and mentoring--all through activating your OSU sponsored membership with NCFDD.
Registration closes on Wednesday, November 25th at 5:00 pm (PST).
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 9:00am