Virtual Marine Science Day
This year's theme - The Beauty of Science
- Virtual tours of HMSC
- Talk to researchers
- See exhibits
- Marine activities for kids
- Online art gallery - upload your science inspired art!
We have so much to share - the new Marine Studies Building, exciting research happening off our shores, and an art gallery where everyone is invited to share the beauty of marine science.
This FREE event is ideal for families, students, and life-long adult learners.
CHOOSE YOUR ADVENTURE:
On the day of the event, there will be five virtual rooms you can visit. Pick one or explore them all.
- MAIN STAGE: Listen and ask questions of researchers live via Zoom while they share their work on sharks, whales, seastars and the art of science.
- EXHIBIT HALL: Explore all the research taking place at Hatfield by visiting dozens of interactive displays about marine mammals, plankton, scientific diving, marine fisheries, seabirds, and ocean technology.
- KID ZONE: Investigate intertidal animals with an educator by checking out one of the many live animal interactions, interview an aquarist live, learn to draw like an octopus, explore careers in marine science and find lots of hands on marine science activities.
- TOURS: Take one of the many virtual tours of Hatfield’s world-class facility for research and learning. See the insides of the seawater system, dive beneath the waves without getting wet and explore living in an eelgrass bed, and see inside the new vertical evacuation building.
- COMMUNITY ART GALLERY: Explore the art around the Hatfield campus or share your own artwork inspired by this year's Marine Science Day theme - The Beauty of Science.
Saturday, April 10 at 10:00am